There was an air of excitement, anticipation, and gladness, mixed with sadness and grief, as the realization set in more deeply that this would be Pastor Nelson’s last Sunday as pastor.
Many people at Boyertown church wrote letters requesting her return so the family could be together.
Our congregation was a “church plant” from the Bally congregation and began worshiping in Colebrookdale Township of Berks county in the year 1780. For many years these two faith communities continued to share pastors and many other aspects of church life. It wasn’t until the late 1940’s that Boyertown became completely separate with its own pastor and leadership. Our first buildings were located at the center of Boyertown, but in 1969 we built the present facility on a hill outside the borough of Boyertown.