Financial Guidelines for Churches and Pastors: assists congregations in handling pastor and other church employee salaries and benefits as well as other congregational finances.
Financial Audit Report: for Franconia Mennonite Conference and Franconia Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (aka FMC Properties) for the years ended January 31, 2019 and 2018.
Where do contributions to Mosaic Conference go? An illustration how undesignated contributions to Mosaic Conference are currently budgeted for the Fiscal Year ending January 2021.
- January 1 New yearly rates begin for mileage reimbursements, Social Security/Medicare taxes, “self employment” taxes, federal, state & local taxes, etc.
- January 15 File federal income taxes for non-minister employees for the period Sep 1 – Dec 31.
- January 31 File Form W-2 for previous year’s employment year. File Form 1099 & Form 1096 for self-employed persons paid in previous year.
- April 15 Individual tax returns must be filed by this date.
- April 15 File federal income taxes for non-minister employees for the period Jan 1 – Mar 31.
- May 15 File Form 990-T for unrelated business income taxes from the previous year.
- June 15 File federal income taxes for non-minister employees for the period Apr 1 – May 31.
- September 15 File federal income taxes for non-minister employees for the period Jun 1 – Aug 31.
- November 25 Send forecast of contributions to conference ministries for next calendar year to conference treasurer.
- December 1 Time to establish the Housing Allowance amounts for ministers for the next year.
- December 31 Last date for receiving contributions for the previous year. Any mail with a postmark of 12/31 or before can be included in the previous year, no matter when it was received.
- MC USA – Congregational and Ministerial Leadership Salary Guidelines: Mennonite Church USA web site that provides guidelines for the calculation of salaries for ministers and other church employees.
- FirstFruits Direct Giving: Information about direct giving, via electronic funds transfers, for individuals to contribute to congregations and broader denominational agencies.
- Everence: The stewardship agency of the Mennonite Church USA, with long-standing ties to other denominations with historic Anabaptist roots. They offer financial services, including banking, investments, retirement & insurance.
- ECFA: Church Reporting Made Easy. This guide from the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability helps church leaders and treasurers become more informed about legal issues for clergy compensation and benefits. Learn the 10 biggest tax mistakes churches make.
- ECFA: Ministers’ Taxes Made Easy. This guide from the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability helps guide pastors on the housing allowance, compensation and fringe benefits, business and professional expenses, and income and Social Security taxes.
- Good $ense Budgeting Ministry: The Good $ense Budgeting Ministry has everything you need to implement a year-round, biblically-based stewardship ministry in your church. Good $ense resources help encourage your congregation as together you discover the freedom of biblical stewardship. Good Sense is a ministry of Willow Creek Association, in partnership with Everence.
- The Christian Stewardship Association: Influencing the world for Jesus Christ by equipping Christian leaders with an understanding of biblical stewardship through education, research, resources and networking activities.
- Faith & Money Network: Equips people to transform their relationship with money, to live with integrity and intentionality, and to participate in creating a more equitable world.
- ShareSaveSpend.com: A biblically-based website to help people of all ages develop and maintain healthy financial habits.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)