by Brooke Martin, Conference Assembly Coordinator
Phone calls, emails, Zoom meetings, processing, testing, writing, texting, researching, discussing, and more is happening in preparation for Mosaic Conference Assembly weekend on November 7-8, 2020. With virtual Zoom delegate sessions on Saturday the 7th and live-stream, conference-wide worship on Sunday, November 8, there is much to do.
The conference board is preparing for the delegate gathering to take place in the space of a few hours through Zoom on Saturday, November 7, instead of through the traditional in-person sessions for an entire day.
Our Sunday worship planning includes both live and pre-recorded multilingual elements. César García, president of Mennonite World Conference, will bring the morning message. Sunday’s worship will offer a glimpse of the depth and breadth of the Mosaic Mennonite Community, who worships and lives for Jesus.
The communications team is carrying a much heavier load this year with a lot of coordination and detailed planning around Saturday’s large group Zoom sessions. Simultaneous interpretation is needed and being prepared for in Vietnamese, Cantonese, Indonesian, Haitian Creole, and Spanish.
How can you prepare and help?
- Read and watch for weekly updates about the assembly in Mosaic News.
- Write the assembly weekend dates (November 7-8) on your calendar now.
- Delegates, please read your emails.
- Encourage your congregation to join in the conference-wide worship on Sunday, November 8 at 11am (EST)/8am (PST).
- Contribute to Sunday’s worship by sending in a recording of you (or someone in your congregation) reading the Lord’s Prayer in the language of your choice (click here for more information).
- Pray for all 2020 delegates, the Mosaic Conference Board,the conference-wide worship service on November 8, and for the assembly planning team as preparations continue.
I am so thankful for the Mosaic Conference Assembly Team of staff and volunteers who are giving their time and energy into preparing for this time together. Thank you Cindy Angela, Tami Good, Kristine McClain, Emily Ralph Servant, Hendy Stevan Matahelemual, and Scott Roth for your prayers, energy, and time.
The theme for the fall assembly, “On earth as it is in heaven,” is based on the Lord’s Prayer. As we prepare for our virtual gathering, let us pray (Matthew 6: 9b-13, ESV):
“Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.”
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.