from Noah Kolb, outgoing Pastor of Ministerial Leadership
The ministerial committee met on November 3rd. Chris Nickels was welcomed as a new member. Marlene Derstine was thanked for her completed time of service.
- Sandy Landes was approved for a license toward ordination at Doylestown congregation as Pastor of Prayer and Pastoral Care.
- Joy Sawatzky was approved for ordination as Pastor/Chaplain at the Souderton Mennonite Homes. Joy is a member of Plains.
- John Bender’s ministerial credentials were received from Allegheny Conference for ministerial leadership at Ripple and Franconia congregations.
- The ministerial credentials of Emily Ralph and Robert Nolt were approved to be transferred to Lancaster Conference.
- The license toward ordination for Julie Prey, Joe Hackman, and Scott Franciscus were renewed for another two years.
- Duane Hershberger’s ministerial status was changed from active to retired.
- Donna Wilkins’ license for specific ministry was terminated with the end of her responsibilities at Blooming Glen.
- Mike Ford, formerly youth pastor of Franconia congregation, has transferred to Blooming Glen, working in youth ministries.
- Walt Morton is serving as an interim pastor at Lakeview.