As a church they are committed to Mennonite/Anabaptist principles of missional church outreach, peace and justice, anti-racism, simple living, community, mutual aid, spiritual formation, and worship.
Over the past three decades, College Hill has continued its emphasis on community outreach and programming, with their efforts and funding far outreaching what might be expected of a congregation of under 50 people!
The vision and mission of the church are to reach out with the Gospel of Christ to people who do not know him as their personal savior, baptizing them, and making them disciples of the Lord.
A strength of the church ministry is combining the message of the Good News with involvement in the social needs of the community.
What is the call that God has placed on Iglesia Menonita Encuentro de Renovación (Encounter for Renewal Mennonite Church) in Miami, Florida?
The Seguidores de Cristo Church is a strongly united congregation, with a marked vision of evangelism and discipleship.
Pastors Secundino and Jesenia Casas, a married couple from Mexico, promote the church’s mission, “Share Jesus’ love for others, serve, and evangelize.”
One goal of our church is to continue to grow and mature in our faith, in order to become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
The congregation is currently looking for a pastor and welcomes your prayers for the right leader for their church and that they might increase in attendance and membership as they continue to reach out to others.
Our primary focus is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all those with whom we are in contact.
During a typical worship service at Solidarity & Harmony, many languages are used because “God speaks all languages.”
We are a congregation that enjoys community and getting together, whether it is on Sunday mornings or whenever else we can find a good excuse.
We at Fairfield Mennonite share a vision of following Jesus, being accountable to each other and try to agree to disagree in love.
We enjoy serving God and each other so our world will know salvation in Jesus.
The Garden Chapel’s mission “to love God, love our neighbors, and love each other” simply expresses the heart of every activity and event held within and outside the walls of the church.
Frederick Mennonite is like a gem: small but precious, hidden until you can see the inner beauty.
Since the collapse of the Republic of Vietnam in 1975, hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese fled their homeland and came to the United States.
We come from a variety of backgrounds in culture, ethnicity, education, and lifestyles, and we come together as a worshiping community with Jesus at the center.
Being a part of Swamp means committing to following Jesus daily and to the faith community where we are united to Jesus.
We are called by God to equip our members in following Jesus Christ in His Kingdom of God work.
We are thankful to our Lord for constantly sending us and challenging us to be “Good Samaritans,” servants to His hurting world.
We have gathered as an Anabaptist community here for nearly 300 years, encouraging one another to love the Lord our God with all our hearts, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
“We practice here for what is already happening around the throne room: many nations, many languages, many tribes praising the living God.”
Melalui jajaran pemimpin dan konggregasi, IWC terus menjadi saluran berkat bagi Kasih Karunia Tuhan.
When asked about Souderton Mennonite Church, we answer, come and see who we are so we can show you why we exist…
The vision and mission of the congregation are to reach the Indonesians and prepare the church for mission through discipleship.
Through the ministry of an interim pastor we decided to be officially “Congregationally Led”.
We believe God loves to save their souls and this ministry is in consensus with the vision and mission statement of the Mennonite belief.
We are a joyful learning community eager to live and share the peaceable way of Jesus.
“Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we are called to extend God’s healing, hope and forgiveness to all” is our mission statement.
The Upper Milford Mennonite congregation dates back to 1735 and now meets in its third building on the same site.
We work to build strong relationships within our church family and with all who come through our doors, as we seek to draw more people into God’s kingdom by his love and grace.
On the days I find myself in deep disagreement with a fellow member, I am invited to love my neighbor as myself. A diverse church is one of the hardest places to practice the love Jesus taught!
JKIA exists as a means and tool to bring God’s government and God’s glory by carrying out the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
God has been so generous and we feel very grateful, because every Sunday new people arrive to hear the word of God.
“A rooted Anabaptist congregation willing to do whatever it takes to connect with our neighbors, so they feel at home and grow in Jesus.”
Please pray that their presence in South Philadelphia becomes a blessing to not only the Indonesians, but to many nations in the neighborhood, for their children’s ministry, and for the immigration situation.
Anyone who comes through the doors at Ripple knows they are welcome, safe, and can experience the love of Christ.
Blooming Glen wants to be a Christ-like presence and blessing in our community.
Perk Church continues to dream about its ability to plant seeds in a world of change.
With a vision to be a diverse church with love and compassion for the lost and for the city, Pastor Aldo Siahaan formed the Philadelphia Praise Center in early 2005.
Though the congregation’s history is long, we have a youthful energy and flexibility.
All who come to worship with us receive a welcome at our doors, an invitation to join small groups discussing Bible passages and issues of faith and practice, along with an extension of ongoing love and fellowship.
We want to remain faithful for those who do reach out for companionship, support, and prayer. We feel that being present and available is our best witness.
“Every member a minister” is a favorite motto, which we take seriously.
Even though we may not see a lot of neighbors in our sparsely populated part of the world, this doesn’t stop us from living in response to the question: how can we love our neighbors, including those in distant parts of the earth and future generations yet to be born?
Deep Run West is seeing God at work, transforming many people and places in and outside our doors.
At present, the BECC congregation is very excited to welcome the Lord’s movement that is sweeping His people.
Finland sees value in uniting generations, and have made it a common theme in their ministries.
Wellspring Church of Skippack is experiencing the unending source of the grace and love of God in surprising and wonderful ways.
Currently, the church describes itself as “a community of people, bonded by faith in Jesus Christ, committed to being Shaped by God’s Word, to Sharing life as God’s Family, and to Sacrificing for God’s Mission.”
Like most churches, we seek to worship God well, care for our neighbors, and reach out to our community.
We have seen both great successes in healing and growth while experiencing devastating losses. We realize that God has called us to be present with one another in ministry as we leave the results up to him.
This church hosts a community of people who come together in joy and committed love, and then work to share that love with neighbors.
Ever since, the congregation has tried to minister to the community it represents. Interculturalism and integration have become part of NVNNL’s way of life, including bilingual services and a team of pastors that represent different ethnic groups.
Roaring Spring Mennonite Church continues to navigate what it means to be a family of God in the town where they meet.
Seeds for this community in Fairview Village were planted years ago—280 years ago, to be exact. They took root, surviving many seasons of struggle.
We at Deep Run East envision a community of faith that will glorify God in worship, open our lives to our community, and share our gifts and resources in faithfulness to Jesus Christ.
Indonesian Light Church, Philadelphia, PA, asks for your prayers, that they would have the capacity to reach out and becoming a spiritual home to many unchurched people in South Philadelphia. […]
Building relationships with neighbors continues and helps us notice where God is at work.
Zion Mennonite Church, Souderton, PA, asks you to pray for youth who will soon be baptized, for their new Associate Pastor of Faith Formation, Jordan Luther, who will join them […]
Indonesian Light Church (ILC) was founded on January 22, 2012 in Philadelphia, in the home of one of the elders. On that day, the first service took place with other […]
Perkiomenville Mennonite Church started in 1935 as a Sunday school for the children in the Perkiomenville area. Outreach is in the congregation’s DNA, and has guided the mission and activities […]
Nueva Vida Norristown New Life Mennonite Church is located in Norristown, Pa., on the corner of Marshall and Swede streets, about a block from the Montgomery County Courthouse. The intercultural, […]
Providence Mennonite Church is located in Collegeville, PA along Route 29 and Mennonite Road, in a very fast growing community. We have been in existence for almost 200 years; the […]
Alpha Mennonite Church began as a church plant in 1975 by Henry Swartley. We are located in the quiet little community of Alpha, NJ. Since the beginning, our congregation has been […]
As a visible expression of Jesus Christ’s body, Souderton Mennonite Church has been meeting at the corner of Chestnut Street and Wile Avenue for more than 133 years. Our mission […]
Salford Mennonite Church, located in Harleysville, Pa., was founded in 1717. An agrarian congregation throughout its history, the past 50 years has seen a transition to a suburban and professional […]
Our congregation was a “church plant” from the Bally congregation and began worshiping in Colebrookdale Township of Berks county in the year 1780. For many years these two faith communities continued to share pastors and many other aspects of church life. It wasn’t until the late 1940’s that Boyertown became completely separate with its own pastor and leadership. Our first buildings were located at the center of Boyertown, but in 1969 we built the present facility on a hill outside the borough of Boyertown.
Towamencin Mennonite Church is located on Sumneytown Pike in Kulpsville, adjacent to the Lansdale exit of the PA Turnpike. The church has been around since 1713.
Towamencin can be described as a family-friendly, traditional, Anabaptist congregation that is evolving in its diversity and mission.
Methacton Mennonite Church has been connecting people to Jesus since 1739. The land on which the meetinghouse is located was deeded to the Dutch Anabaptist Society–Mennonite/Anabaptist families moving north from Germantown up Germantown Pike–for 5 shillings. The first meetinghouse was built prior to 1771 although the exact date is unknown. A second meetinghouse was erected of stone in 1805 and used as a community school and place of worship. The third and present meetinghouse was erected in 1873.
Finland Mennonite Church is the body of 200+ believers that meet for worship together on Ziegler Road in Pennsburg, PA. The church was established in 1931 as a church plant out of the Franconia Conference Home Missions Program in a building just down the road from our current location. The church sits at the intersection of several regions and our congregation includes people from many different towns and students from more than four school districts.
Plains Mennonite is located on the corner of Orvilla Road and Route 63 (Main Street), Lansdale, where a group of God’s children have gathered to for Sunday morning worship and fellowship events for almost 250 years. The original meetinghouse was built in 1765.
Spring Mount Mennonite Church is located in Spring Mount, Pa., in the Perkiomen Valley. At its very beginning (1934) this faith community was a mission Sunday School and summer Bible School, organized by the Franconia Mennonite Mission Board and facilitated by members of Salford Mennonite Church. In the early 20th century communities like Spring Mount were summer resort towns. Visitors from Philadelphia would travel here on the Perkiomen branch of the Reading Railroad that went through each town.
The congregation meets weekly at 9:30 am for worship with Sunday school following. Blooming Glen is a 259 year old, 725 member congregation that meets at 713 Blooming Glen Road, Blooming Glen, Pa. The congregation is served by three pastors: Firman Gingerich, Lead Pastor; Michael Bishop, Pastor of Music and Worship; and Mary Nitzsche, Pastor of Pastoral Care and Spiritual Formation. Kim Moyer serves as Children’s Ministry Director, relating to more than ninety children. Kim shares ministry to the Junior High Youth with Donna Wilkins, Interim Youth Pastor, who also relates to the senior high youth. Four lay persons are currently serving as sponsors and teachers for the young adults.
Bally Mennonite Meetinghouse was built in the 1730s in the Bally Community, which was settled by German Reformed, Catholics, and Mennonites, who have traditionally worked together. At one time, Bally had a number of industries, but currently has just two major industries: Bally Block and Bally Ribbon.
Taftsville Chapel Mennonite Fellowship is a small, stable congregation in mid-central Vermont. We meet in an old school house in the rural village of Taftsville, which is situated in the Ottauquechee River valley between the tourist towns of Woodstock and Quechee, along the US Route 4 corridor.
Vincent Mennonite Church is located at 39 Seven Stars Rd., Spring City, PA. We have been in existence for 277 years, founded 40 years before our country gained its independence. Our current church was built in 1974 and is situated on a rural lot with a pavilion built in a grove of trees.
Covenant Community Fellowship was planted by the Franconia Mennonite Church in 1986. Covenant is located on Sumneytown Pike just outside of Lansdale with an average attendance of 120. Our lead pastor is Jay L. Moyer and our associate pastor is Scott Franciscus whose primary focus is on youth & young adult ministry.
We are “The Garden Chapel” from Victory Gardens, New Jersey. We are a small, diverse, loving, and growing congregation located in Morris County, New Jersey. The borough of Victory Gardens was founded in 1941 by the federal government to house workers from a nearby munitions factory. It was named after the vegetable gardens people planted during World War II in response to food shortages. It is the smallest municipality in size (91 acres) and population (1,520) in Morris County, but the most densely populated.
Ambler began in a garage in 1952 as an outreach of Franconia Conference. This mission was nearly abandoned when those who came to serve the children of the area found them too unruly. For the last fifty years, the meetinghouse has been located at the corner of Spring Garden and Mount Pleasant Avenues, within walking distance of the train to Philadelphia. In the last century Ambler grew as a company town for Keasbey and Mattison, an asbestos manufacturer. Despite this environmental legacy, Ambler is in the midst of revitalization with numerous restaurants, theaters, and shops opening on its main street.
Bethany is an intimate ecumenical gathering in Bridgewater Corners, Vermont. We began as a small group of five families who followed a call to move here from PA in the early 1950’s. We are currently led by Gwen Groff.
Rocky Ridge is located about 2 miles southeast of Quakertown, PA. In the early1900’s the area around Rocky Ridge was known as the “woods over the ridge.” Families living in the area were of many nationalities and most had little income.
As Eastern District and Franconia Conferences continue to work together, we are taking time to get to know one another more with introductions to our congregations. Join in the fun–submit your congregational introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org!
West Swamp Mennonite Church began as the “Swamp Charge” in 1717 with German immigrant families meeting in homes. The first log meetinghouse was constructed in 1735and the first building on our current location, 2501 Allentown Road, Quakertown, PA, was built in 1790. It would be replaced in 1819 and 1873.