by Mosaic Staff
At the January 22, 2024 Mosaic Conference Board meeting, the Board passed the 2024 budget which begins on February 1, 2024. The total budget this year represents nearly $1.2 million dollars, an increase from recent years.
Just over half of the income for the Mosaic Conference operating budget comes from income from the effective stewardship of the Conference properties.
There is an expected increase in the budget of 3.07% from congregational giving, including estimates from new congregations to the Conference in 2024.
The priorities of the 2024 budget reveal that this year will be…
- a year of continued staff time on the Pathway process.
- a transitional year with a few staff retirements later this year.
- one of strengthening our commitment to staffing Mosaic’s Missional, Formational and Intercultural priorities.
- one of strengthening our communication and development initiatives with increased, dedicated, multilingual staffing.
- one of increased staff time focused on Spanish-speaking communities where significant growth continues to emerge.
- one of exploration of new partnerships and resource generation possibilities.
- continued discernment and investment in global partnerships and cultivating new communities.
- a year of continued accompaniment of Conference-Related Ministries and congregations.
“Many pieces make our budget work each year. Although a large chunk of revenue comes from real estate income, Mosaic is only possible through many congregations and individuals each doing their part so that we can provide effective leadership and accompaniment with our diverse leaders, ministries, and communities,” reflects Cory Longacre, Chair of the Board’s Finance Committee.
We are grateful for the generosity and wise stewardship that undergirds our Mosaic mission of embodying the reconciling love of Jesus.