• Benjamin Bergey (Blooming Glen) spent his summer with his home congregation as part of his studies at Eastern Mennonite University. Bergey will enter his junior year at EMU as a double major in church music and vocal performance.
Church of the Overcomer
• Julianne McDonald (Church of the Overcomer) interned with the Church of the Overcomer this summer. McDonald will begin her sophomore year this fall at Cabrini College, where she studies business management and social work.
• Morgan Moore (Church of the Overcomer) was an Ministry Inquiry Program participant this summer with the Church of the Overcomer. This fall, Moore will be a senior elementary education major at Kutztown University.
First Mennonite of Denver
• Jordan Delp (Swamp) spent his summer at First Mennonite Church of Denver through the Ministry Inquiry Program. Delp will enter his fourth year at Goshen College, where he is an English education major.
• Sheldon Good (Salford) spent his fourth consecutive summer as a Franconia Conference intern. Good graduated in May from Goshen College with degrees in communication (public relations concentration) and business. He is currently an intern with Sojourners Magazine in Washington, D.C.
• Maria Byler (Benton Mennonite, Goshen, IN) interned this summer with Franconia Conference through the Ministry Inquiry Program. This fall, Byler began her senior year at Goshen College as a social work major.
New Hope Fellowship/Nueva Esperanza
• Claudia Esmerelda Sanchez (New Hope Fellowship/Nueva Esperanza) served for the second summer with New Hope Fellowship/Nueva Esperanza in Alexandria, Virginia through Mennonite Central Committee. Sanchez is a student in international relations at Northern Virginia Community College. She plans to attend George Mason University after graduation.
• Monica Solis (New Hope Fellowship/Nueva Esperanza) is a high school student who learned and served through Eastern Mennonite University’s LEAP365 program. This summer she traveled to New Orleans to learn of the effects of Hurricane Katrina on the community. During the school year she will participate in a mentorship and a service project next summer.
• Bianca Prunes (Oxford Circle) served at Oxford Circle this summer through the Mennonite Central Committee summer service program. Prunes will graduate next year from Carver High School of Engineering and Science.
• Annali Smucker (East Chestnut Street Mennonite, Akron, Pa.) interned this summer at the Oxford Circle congregation and Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association through the Ministry Inquiry Program. Smucker will return to Goshen College this fall to finish her degrees in art and interdisciplinary studies (Bible and religion, history, and psychology).
Philadelphia Praise Center
• Evelyn Kurniadi (Philadelphia Praise Center) served at Philadelphia Praise Center this summer through Mennonite Central Committee. Kurniadi is a graduate student at Philadelphia Biblical University.
• Yonathan Setiawan (Kudus/Central Java/Indonesia, Muria Indonesia/GKMI) was an Ministry Inquiry Program participant at Philadelphia Praise Center this summer. Setiawan will begin his senior year this fall at Bluffton University, where he studies youth ministry.
• Crystal Zook (James Street Mennonite, Lancaster, Pa.) interned this summer at Philadelphia Praise Center through the Ministry Inquiry Program. This fall, Zook will be a senior at Goshen College, where she is a double major in history and peace, justice, and conflict studies.
• Pa Yaw (Myanmar, Baptist) was an intern at Philadelphia Praise Center this summer. Yaw is a graduate student at Princeton Theological Seminary.
• Mun Pan (Myanmar, Baptist) interned at Philadelphia Praise Center this summer. Pan is a graduate student in theological studies at Princeton Theological Seminary.
• Danilo Sanchez (Boyertown) interned for his second consecutive summer with Franconia Conference, this time with the Souderton congregation through the Ministry Inquiry Program. Sanchez will graduate in May 2010 from Eastern University with degrees in youth ministry and theology.
• Lauren Derstine (Blooming Glen) lived in Goshen, In. this summer as an intern with the Walnut Hill congregation. Derstine will remain in Goshen this fall as she begins her junior year at Goshen College as an American sign language interpreting major.
• Greg Yoder (Perkasie) was an intern at Zion Mennonite Church this summer through the Ministry Inquiry Program. Yoder graduated in May with a music education degree but will return to Goshen this fall to complete his student teaching.